RULES OF PROCEDURE PERTAINING TO THE ROLE AND FUNCTIONING OF DIVISIONS
1. The Divisional Officers will be President, Past President, President Elect, Secretary, and Treasurer.
2. The terms of Office are as follows: President, 4 years, no re-election; President Elect, 4 years; Secretary, 4 years, 1 re-election possible; Treasurer, 4 years, 1 re-election possible; Past President, 4 years.
3. The President and President Elect shall not be nationals of the same country.
4. The Divisionís Executive Committee should consist of the President, Past President, President Elect, Secretary, Treasurer, Newsletter Editor, and Chairpersons of the Standing Committees of the Division.
5. The Standing Committees should include a Program Committee, a Membership Committee, an International Relations Committee, and an International Professional Affairs Committee.
6. Elections will be held to fill the offices of President Elect, Secretary and Treasurer.† All other offices will be filled by appointment by the President for his or her term of office.† The elected Secretary and Treasurer may be appointed to serve as Newsletter Editor and/or Chairperson of the Membership Committee.
7. The Secretary will be responsible for preparing the list of nominees for election.
9.†††††† Elections will be held during the year preceding the International Congress.† They should be completed at least six months prior to that Congress.
10.†††††† Newly elected officers will assume their responsibilities of office at the end of an International Congress.
11.†††††† If a Division has not been active for a period of 2 years IAAPís President is obliged to write a letter to the Divisional President encouraging the latter to become more active. If this does not lead to a higher degree of activity within the next 12 months IAAPís President is obliged to write a second letter again encouraging the Divisional President to become more active. Upon further failure on the part of the Divisional President to become more active the BOD may vote to exclude this person from the BOD provided a motion to this effect is received within 6 months before the BOD meeting.
Items 1-3 already exist. Items 4-11 are recommended to improve Divisional effectiveness.